Saturday, March 15, 2014

Antlers, the mighty thread and some amazing news..


Almost a year ago, I bought an antler at the Long Beach Flea Market with an idea in mind and unfortunately for it, it sat alone for a long big while...until I ended up threading it. Also almost a year ago, I bought horse hair and threaded my first tassel and ended up making some for friends. I got amazing comments on them and people asked me non-stop where I got mine or asked how I had done it. I let it be and never really did anything else with them until...

A while later, when I received a request from a store asking me if I would be willing to make some horse hair tassels for them. Today, I am happy to say that almost a year after the first one, this amazing store in San Diego decided to place an order for the horse hair tassels and now carries a few at both of their locations. Love and Aesthetics, thank you. 






When I went to drop off the tassels, Sean, the owner, and I started talking and I ended up showing him that first antler I had done almost a year ago and what I wanted to do with it. On the spot, he told me he had some antlers lying around and could I please thread them. And this is what came of it...












I have to work on two more pieces before they are dropped off at the store and ready to be sold. I love the way these came out.

What do you think?

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment