Sunday, March 23, 2014

Creating Antlers....

More than a year ago, I bought a naturally shed antler. I had this idea that I was going to be making it into a jewelry stand or somehow attach it to the wall and be able to hang my necklaces from it. I had seen some on different websites and had pinned some on Pinterest as home decor. I loved the idea, but then it just laid there for a little while.

Once I finished working on the horsehair tassels, I started thinking that maybe I should just try and thread the antler that I had and just use it as a decoration since it was already sitting there on my table. When I was done with the threading, I thought I should hang it but I kept wondering if it was still missing something. That's when I came up with the idea of gilding it and I knew then that once I was done with the gilding, it would be complete. This was the final product. 



Although I loved it, I kept thinking that I could do better and that the gilding could be so much better if done differently. I thought a lot about it and every single time I could have bought more antlers I just froze and didn't. That is until recently...

When I went to deliver my first order of horse hair tassels at Love and Aesthetics, I showed Sean what I had done to that first antler. He nicely rounded up all the antlers he had and asked me to get to work...which I happily did. And this is what happened...










I'm pretty happy at how they came out and decided to work on a few more in the next few weeks that will be going in my online shop. I'll keep you posted.

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment