Thursday, January 17, 2013

Wreath making



I've wanted to make a wreath for a while now but have not really had the time to sit down to build one, until now. This is my Valentine's / Spring wreath. It's not what I had imagined but I think overall it came out better than expected. Keep reading more to find out how to make your own.



So here's what you'll need:
  • 12in foam wreath
  • felt
  • yarn
  • hot glue gun
  • scissors
  • gros grain ribbon

I used a 12in wreath but you can make it smaller or bigger. Start by wrapping the yarn around the foam wreath. Make sure the yarn is tight around the foam or it will sag once you're done and will not hold the flowers you will be gluing onto it properly. Once you are done, you can either hot glue the yarn to the wreath's back or just knot it. I ended up knotting it.


Next the flowers. I bought 9x12 sheets of felt at Joann's, which ended up costing me a dollar for 4. I cut two sizes for the flowers. The smaller ones are 1.5in x 12in and the bigger ones are 3in x 12in. Fold them in half and hot glue them along the edge.


Once that is done, create cuts every 1/4 inches. They will end up looking like this.


 Put a drop of glue at one end and start rolling your string onto itself.



Again put a drop of glue at the end and voilĂ , you have a flower. Fluff them out so the petals spread out a little. Do as many flowers as you want/need and start organizing them on your wreath. Once you know how you want them positioned, start hot gluing them on your wreath. I made sure to cover the back of the flowers completely with glue, held them in place for a few second and let them dry onto the wreath before I lifted it up.




Finish your wreath with a string of ribbon to hang and you are done! Enjoy you newly done wreath.


No comments:

Post a Comment